Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Fundamentals (EEODF)
Supervisors and Managers have critical responsibilities and an often-demanding job. UNCG Human Resources Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) office is here to support you with the state-mandated diversity initiative training: Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Fundamentals (EEODF). This course was previously referred to as the Equal Employment Opportunity Institute (EEOI).
Per the House Bill 834, NC G.S. 126-16.1, EEODF is required for all state government employees who were hired, promoted, or appointed to the position of supervisor and/or manager on or after July 1, 1991.
EEODF Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this training, participants should be able to:
- Explain EEO/AA, protected classes and other concepts and principles related to EEO;
- Describe federal and state laws related to EEO and the scope and responsibilities of supervisors/managers for enforcement of these laws;
- Recognize, prevent and correct unlawful workplace harassment;
- Understand the standards courts and investigators use to determine when illegal discrimination has occurred in the workplace;
- Engage in legally defensible hiring practices;
- Understand employees’, supervisors’ and managers’ rights and responsibilities with regards to upholding EEO policies and practices;
- Create and/or maintain an inclusive and productive environment where all employees feel valued and respected; and
- Identify best practices for working in a diverse work environment.
EEODF Online Modules
EEO: Introduction – EEO and Diversity Fundamentals
EEO: Module 1 – History and Law
EEO: Module 2 – Americans with Disabilities Act
EEO: Module 3 – Legally Defensible Hiring
EEO: Module 4 – Unlawful Workplace Harassment
EEO: Module 5 – EEO and You
EEO: Module 6 – Diversity and Inclusion
EEODF Final Assessment
EEODF Final Assessment is administered after participants enrolled in EEODF curriculum successfully complete online modules of EEODF curriculum. Assessment tests participant’s ability to apply knowledge learned from online modules to workplace scenarios.
Register for EEODF_V2 online training and classroom sessions through the Office of State Human Resources NC Learning Center.
For more information and details on course registration, click here to read our EEODF Frequently Asked Questions.
For step-by-step assistance with registering for EEODF_V2 (supervisors and managers), please review this Quick Reference Guide.
For questions about or assistance with registering please email or call Patricia Lynch, Director of EEO and AA at (M) firstname.lastname@example.org (P) 336-334-9725.