Open Enrollment will be held October 15 – October 31, 2020. You will enroll for both your State Health Plan and your NCFlex benefits. Your new elections will go into effect January 1, 2021. You MUST TAKE ACTION during Open Enrollment to avoid an increase in the your monthly premium contribution.
Important News for 2021
NC State Health Plan:
- No premium increases for the 3rd year in a row!
- Members who select a Clear Pricing Project Provider as their Primary Care Provider will enjoy a $0 copay.
- Reduced copays for members who visit a Clear Pricing Project Specialist.
- Preferred and non-preferred insulin will have a $0 copay for a 30-day supply.
- Preventive Services remain free – no copay or deductible – on the 80/20 and 70/30 plans.
- The formulary, or drug list of covered medications, changes quarterly, so changes in drug coverage in both plans are possible.
NCFlex Changes and Reminders:
- Dental Plan Information:
- The Classic Option plan will offer some of the same benefits as the High Option plan such as crowns, dentures, bridges and orthodontic services for dependent children up to age 19, with a lower out-of-pocket maximum and a lower premium than the High Option plan.
- Premiums are decreasing for 2021 due to COVID barriers to dental care in 2020.
- The Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s) require re-enrollment every year. If you want to participate in either or both of the FSA’s, you must make your election during Open Enrollment.
- The annual maximum contribution for the Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) has increased to $2,750 for 2021.
- To learn more about your options, visit www.shpnc.org for information about your health benefits and www.ncflex.org for information about your NCFlex benefits.
How to make your changes
Single Sign-On can be used to access eBenefits. You can log in using your UNCG username and password.
For Single Sign-On click HERE.
Benefitfocus Mobile App
You can also access your benefits using the Benefitfocus mobile app. To install the app:
- Go to Google Play or the App Store and search for Benefitfocus
- Install the app
- Enter UNCG for the Company ID. (This only needs to be done on your initial login.)
- Log in using your UNCG username and password.
CHANGES CAN BE MADE BY PHONE
The phone number for Eligibility & Enrollment Support for State Health Plan assistance is 855-859-0966 (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 10:00p.m., Saturday, Noon – 5:00 p.m.). If you call this number, you can make all changes and premium credit changes that can be made online.
This year we are offering Virtual Assistance Meetings. Registration links will be available shortly.
NCFlex Open Enrollment Guides will be sent through interoffice mail prior to the start of Open Enrollment. Click HERE to access an electronic version of the guide.