Open Enrollment will be held November 2-November 19, 2019. You will enroll for both your State Health Plan and your NCFlex benefits. Your new elections will go into effect January 1, 2020. You MUST TAKE ACTION during Open Enrollment to avoid an increase in the your monthly premium contribution.
Important News for 2020
NC State Health Plan:
- The SAME network will be available in 2020 as in 2019.
- Premiums, for the second year in a row have been FROZEN for 2020 at the same rate as 2019!
- The 70/30 Plan has several changes:
- Preventive services will be covered at 100% (copays have been eliminated)
- Primary Care Provider (PCP) copay reduced from $45 down to $30 when you visit the PCP listed on your ID card
- Medical coinsurance and pharmacy maximums will be combined into one maximum out-of-pocket amount
- Deductible and some copays have changed
- The 80/20 Plan remains the same, with no changes to any out-of-pocket amounts.
- The formulary, or drug list of covered medications, changes quarterly, so changes in drug coverage in both plans are possible.
- The tobacco attestation premium credit activity has been simplified for tobacco users who want to reduce their monthly premium. Tobacco users must commit to visit a CVS MinuteClinic for at least one tobacco cessation counseling session by Dec. 31, 2019, or risk losing the monthly premium credit. However, a voucher is no longer required! Tobacco users, you will need to take the following actions to receive the wellness credit:
- Complete the tobacco attestation in eBenefits indicating tobacco use and commitment to complete the tobacco cessation counseling session.
- Take your insurance card to the CVS Minute Clinic for your session.
- Request and complete the tobacco cessation counseling session by Dec. 31, 2019, or risk losing the credit.
- Request a receipt that indicates tobacco cessation.
- Note: If CVS Minute Clinic provides any other services you will be charged for the visit.
NCFlex Changes and Reminders:
- Dental Plan Changes
- In addition to your current options, you’ll have a new option to consider—the Classic Option plan. The Classic Option plan will offer some of the same benefits as the High Option plan such as crowns, dentures, bridges and orthodontic services for dependent children up to age 19, with a lower out-of-pocket maximum and a lower premium than the High Option plan.
- If you’re currently enrolled in the High Option plan, you will be mapped to the new Classic Option plan since its premiums are the same as your current option.
- Premiums for the High and Low Option plans are increasing for 2020.
- The Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s) require re-enrollment every year. If you want to participate in either or both of the FSA’s, you must make your election during Open Enrollment.
- The annual maximum contribution for the Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) has increased to $2,700 for 2020.
- During Open Enrollment, you may enroll or increase your Cancer and Specified Disease Insurance coverage without providing Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
- To learn more about your options, visit www.shpnc.org for information about your health benefits and www.ncflex.org for information about your NCFlex benefits.
How to make your changes
Single Sign-On can be used to access eBenefits. You can log in using your UNCG username and password.
For Single Sign-On click HERE.
Benefitfocus Mobile App
You can also access your benefits using the Benefitfocus mobile app. To install the app:
- Go to Google Play or the App Store and search for Benefitfocus
- Install the app
- Enter UNCG for the Company ID. (This only needs to be done on your initial login.)
- Log in using your UNCG username and password.
ELIGIBILITY & ENROLLMENT SUPPORT CENTER
Changes can be made by phone. The number to call for State Health Plan assistance is 855-859-0966 (Monday – Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00p.m., Sundays, Noon – 5:00 p.m.)
This year we are offering Open Enrollment Assistance Labs:
- Join our HR Benefits Staff in the computer lab as we walk you through the enrollment process. HR Benefits Staff will be on hand to provide assistance for online enrollment of your 2020 benefits. Register for a seat in the 2020 Open Enrollment Information Session & Assistance Lab by clicking HERE.
NCFlex Open Enrollment Guides will be sent through interoffice mail prior to the start of Open Enrollment. Click HERE to access an electronic version of the guide.