The UNC System Office has communicated the following changes to the 2019-2020 SHRA Performance Management Cycle.
- 2019-2020 SHRA Performance Management Cycle is extended 3 additional months ending June 30, 2020. The appraisal period for SHRA employees will be March 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- Supervisors must have all 2019-2020 SHRA Final Appraisals submitted through ePerformance by June 30, 2020
- Under the extension all 2020-2021 SHRA Performance Plans must be completed in ePerformance by September 30, 2020
- 2020-2021 SHRA Performance Cycle is July 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021
If the performance appraisal has already been completed for an employee, no further action is needed and the review will be considered complete. In addition there are no changes to the EHRA Performance Management Cycle and ratings are due June 30, 2020.
Performance Management is a tool through which managers and supervisors communicate with employees regarding their job performance. Each phase represents an opportunity for managers and supervises to:
- foster strategic thinking, planning and achievement
- include both individual and institutional goals
- align and connect individual goals with our university strategic plan
- foster regular performance and talent conversations that promote engagement and retention
SHRA and EHRA Workflows
Below you will find workflow diagrams for the SHRA and EHRA performance management processes. You may click on the Green Circle in each SHRA step to access some helpful videos. EHRA videos are coming.