Open Enrollment will be held September 29-October 31, 2018. You will enroll for both your State Health Plan and your NCFlex benefits. Your new elections will go into effect January 1, 2019. You MUST TAKE ACTION during Open Enrollment to avoid an increase in the your monthly premium contribution.
Open Enrollment Details
Changes in this year’s NC State Health Plan:
- Eligible employees will be automatically enrolled in the 70/30 Plan and MUST TAKE ACTION to otherwise choose the 80/20 Plan and/or to reduce their premium.
- The only Wellness Premium Credit activity is the Tobacco Attestation. Active members in the 70/30 Plan and 80/20 Plan may reduce the monthly premium by $60 each month by completing the tobacco attestation, attesting to being tobacco-free, or committing to tobacco cessation counseling by the end of Open Enrollment.
- The tobacco attestation premium credit activity has changed for tobacco users who want to reduce their monthly premium. Now, tobacco users must commit to visit a CVS Minute Clinic for at least one tobacco cessation counseling session within 90 days after the last day of Open Enrollment or risk losing the monthly premium credit.
NCFlex Changes and Reminders:
- The Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s) require re-enrollment every year. If you want to participate in either or both of the FSA’s, you must make your election during Open Enrollment.
- The annual contribution for the Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is $2,650 for 2019.
- During Open Enrollment, you may enroll or increase your Cancer and Specified Disease Insurance coverage without providing Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
- To learn more about your options, visit www.shpnc.org for information about your health benefits and www.ncflex.org for information about your NCFlex benefits.
UNCG Human Resources and Information Technology Services are excited to announce Single Sign-On for this Open Enrollment! You will be able to log in using your UNCG username and password.
For Single Sign-On click HERE.
This year we are offering Open Enrollment Assistance Labs:
- Join our HR Benefits Staff in the computer lab as we walk you through the enrollment process. HR Benefits Staff will be on hand to provide assistance for online enrollment of your 2018 benefits. Register for a seat in the 2018 Open Enrollment Assistance Lab by clicking HERE.
NCFlex Open Enrollment Guides will be sent through interoffice mail prior to the start of Open Enrollment. Click HERE to access an electronic version of the guide.